Sunday, September 17, 2006

Please, Please, Please ...


When you get married you are more than likely going to be introduced to all of your spouse's family members at some point or another. I have met most of my wife's family members, but it is still going to take me years to remember everyone's name. I don't know if it is a southern thing or if it is because her family has lived in the same area of the country since the original Thanksgiving, but her fam doesn't fool around when it comes to reproduction (or maybe that's the problem ... too much fooling around).

With so many family members you know there are going to be some cool ones and some not so cool ones. I will save you the stories about the not so cool ones, and share this one with you. I got to meet one of her younger cousins (around 23 years old) at the wedding and he had one of the funniest tattoos I have seen. At first glance you would not think it funny at all. On his ankle is a picture of Rocky, the squirrel, on his knees praying. I thought that was kind of off the wall when he showed it to me. Then his brother chimed in with what Rocky was praying for - his nuts to drop.

1 comment:

Swany said...

That was a joke, right? No, really. I'm not sure. It's a joke?

I'm still having trouble remembering my own extended family, let alone my wife's. This is not necessarily because there's so many of them, but because most of them live on the other side of the globe. I could probably pass one of my cousins on the street and not immediately recognize them.