Thursday, September 14, 2006

Justin Timberlake, Justin Timberlake, Justin Timberla-a-a-ake...

I think I've fallen off my rocker, 'cause I've actually been enjoying Justin Timberlake's video for SexyBack. But considering JT is working with some rather respectable producers like Timbaland and Rick Rubin, I'm not feeling so ashamed of myself. I'm just opening myself up for ridicule. Fire away, Scootypuff...



Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'll segway into this next part by telling you about a new song I heard on a USA Today podcast. I'll have to give credit to Wankmaster Scratch for this find--Whitney Matheson puts out a blog called Pop Candy which is really quite an amusing read, as she writes about everything in pop culture from TV, movies, music, games, and even comic books. Scootypuff's dream girl, as I think Scratch put it. As a supplement to her blog, she also recently started up a weekly podcast, which I think has been a bit hit and miss so far. But at the end of each show, she includes her weekly music find. This week was from cartoonist James Kochalka with his new song "Britney's Silver Can." This has something to do with Britney Spears, but ends with a two minute chorus of him singing Justin Timberlake that I found hilarious. Check out the last four or five minutes of her last podcast (streamed in .wma for Wild Willie) if you've got time to kill. Or actually, listen to the whole thing if you're a fan of Y: The Last Man.

And finally, to end with something completely unrelated to Justin Timberlake, the Pop Candy blog just posted this article about a new development in Bend, OR based on the Lord of the Rings. Geek heaven. Reminds me of a couple I met a couple of years ago that named their baby Eowyn after th LOTR character--I'm sure they've already placed their downpayment.

3 comments:

Dutch said...

HA! You just thought that I would clown you.

Nah man, listen to whatever. Wait, unless it's David Hasslehoff. I've actually enjoyed some Justin Timberlake. He's kind of like Micheal Jackson without a history of child abuse (meaning Jackson's own personal abuse).

And why are you discussing my dream girl without including me on the discussion? Crap guys, help me out here.

If I find out that any of you know Rachael Ray and haven't introduced me, I'm going to be pissed. Actually, scratch that. She's married. I'd hate to tease myself.

Swany said...

Who knew you had a thing for a foodie like Rachael Ray? I think I missed her by like an hour signing autographs at a local Sur La Table store a few months back.

As far as the dream girl comment, that was something Scratch mentioned as he described this girl and her blog to me. Actually, she would probably qualify as dreamy for any of us based on pop culture interests alone. You're the only one who's single, though--we all live vicariously through you by default.

Swany said...

Huh. Something I didn't realize about this Pop Candy girl until I read a blog post today--she's married, too. Sorry, Scootypuff. Keep the dream alive, brother!