Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I still have trouble finishing a book in one year...

Holy cow! Check out this story in the Washington Post about a guy who graduated from the University of Virginia in one year. He had over half his college education completed in AP credits before he even set foot on campus! And 37 hours in one semester? Crap, I remember when I overloaded with 19 credits at Southwestern. Granted, three of those hours were taken up by Jazz Band, but it still felt like a lot at the time. But this guy?

He had some low points, especially late in April when the workload for his 37 credits seemed crushing, and his grades started to slip. (To some Bs.)
I feel like a complete slacker now. Sigh. Let me blog some more...

1 comment:

Dutch said...

I was thinking, "The coolest part about college was the high freedom / low responsibility ratio. Why jet through that?" But after reading the article, it sounds like studying and learning are what's most fun for him.

It also sounds like he is more than just a hard worker, but a real prodigy. And he wants to be a patent attorney - sounds like a waste of genius to me.