Thursday, September 7, 2006

Even better than classic reruns of Saved By The Bell

Most of you have heard (or read) me rave about the addictiveness of 24. I started watching it on Fox with Season Four and got my wife hooked with Season Five earlier this year.

A friend loaned us her Season Two DVD boxed set, which had since been sitting on our TV for a week or two. We finally broke it out this weekend, and watched an episode. And another. And another. Pretty soon, it was 2:00 AM and we were still trying to fight the inevitable drowsiness to watch just one more episode before calling it a night.

I think one could easily watch the entire "day" of 24 straight through without sleep. Saying it's like crack cocaine wouldn't even give it's addictive qualities justice. We finally finished the set last night, and I feel like I'm going through major withdrawal. I've got a bit of the delerium tremens just tyypypypiing this poooooosssstststt.

Obviously, it takes some stretches of the imagination at times (sorry, Scootypuff), but nothing too implausible (although I'll never understand why they always shock people in asystole and somehow get a rhythm back). Put it on your Netflix account sometime. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: