Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Classical Savion


Tellulah and I saw Savion Glover in concert last night. He was tap dancing to classical selections. It was not only amazing seeing one of the greatest dance choreographers of out time, but seeing the next best thing to Gregory Hines, one of my personal heroes. It was also easy to see the training Savion recieved from Sammy Davis Jr. as well. And despite all the movies I've seen Savion in, he'll always be that tap dancing kid on Sesame Street when we were young, to me.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

I've known you since fourth grade, and I had no idea that you were a fan of tap, Savion Glover, or Gregory Hines.

But yeah, I'm always amazed by the prowess of really good dancers. There's just so much to it: the strength, the balance, the timing, the awareness of your immediate physical environment, the planning, and then the intangibles of expressing your self physically.