Saturday, September 16, 2006

Oh, much better than Cats. I'll see it again and again (if the tickets are free)

So I'm pretty excited because the wife managed to snag a couple of tickets last night to Death Cab for Cutie in November at The Pageant. Their latest album Plans is awesome, and I should really get around to posting a review of the CD to get our forum going. And the opening act? OK Go! But even with the big boy money I make these days in comparison to the zero money I made in college, my heart still beats a bit fast and I get a bit diaphoretic when we have to spend $27 for a ticket. You can imagine how pale I looked when my wife told me how much those Madonna tickets in May cost us.

This may be why we never see the Broadway shows at The Fox Theater here in town. The prospect of spending $70+ for a ticket to see Cats never really seems to sit well with me, even if it's the benchmark of what one would want to see again and again. I may change my tune this year, though, as Monty Python's Spamalot will be coming through in November. Has anyone seen it? Is it worth dropping almost a C-bill for a ticket? Who knows, if I enjoy it that much, I might actually plunk down the money to see Cats--they come through in December.

Anywho, I'm off to a Cardinals game today. I finally get to see the new Busch Stadium. Luckily, these tickets were through work and only cost us $10/ticket. The Barry "Juiceman" Bonds and the Giants are in town--Fandango (if you're reading this), aren't you jealous?

To tide you over until my next post, here's a Monty Python/Halo mashup I found for all you XBox geeks reading this:

1 comment:

Dutch said...

Mrs. B.J. Smegma? Did anyone else catch that?