Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Did I mention I love Apple?

Most of the media coverage of Apple's iTunes 7 update yesterday focused on the new movie downloading service. However, I think the real innovation was their new interface called Cover Flow. I just downloaded the new update, had iTunes automatically find all the cover art for the albums in my library, and I'm now flipping through my music collection like a deck of cards. Amazing!

I think Bill Gates made a speech awhile back saying that the real innovations in the coming years will be all about searching. Whoever can make data retreival simple, intuitive, accurate, and the most efficient, will likely come out on top. Unfortunately, I think Apple is still setting the benchmarks.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

No lie, if Macs could play City of Heroes, I'd have one.