Monday, September 25, 2006

I think they tried to bring an actual cyclone for the game...


I didn't get to see Texas vs. Iowa State this weekend, but from what I've read, the thunderstorm that cleared out the stadium for a good 70 minutes was the highlight of the game.

A pretty dominating performance by Texas, for the most part, from what I can tell. But it sounds like Greg Davis kept it pretty conservative for Colt McCoy yet again. I'm actually a bit surprised Texas was able to put up as many points as they did. And giving up over 300 yards in the air? Where is this stellar Longhorns secondary that I read about prior to the season starting? The annual Red River Shootout against Oklahoma is looking scarier by the minute.

ESPN's recap:

It was over when... The skies opened up. The 70-minute rain delay crushed any rally Iowa State tried to muster.
Gameball goes to... Colt McCoy. Texas' redshirt QB made quick work of the Cyclones, completing 18-for-23 for 210 yards and two TDs.
Stat of the game... 46: The Horns' veteran defense held Iowa State to just 46 yards on the ground, but gave up 303 in the air.

No comments: