Friday, September 1, 2006

If she's from the street, it has to be Sesame Street.



I was reading about how lame the MTV award show was last night, and I came across this picture of " British rapper Lady Sovereign." Now I have no idea who this kid is, as I am more likely to watch QVC than MTV these days, but her gansta pose just has me shaking my head in bewilderment. I don't understand how anyone who most likely has a poster in her bedroom of a unicorn standing under a rainbow would even entertain the idea of presenting herself in this fashion. Please, tofu is harder than you. That, and I think the pony tail to one side hurts your street cred. I'll never understand the appeal of acting like an ignorant, materialistic, inarticulate thug. I mean, you could dress her in baggy clothes, give her gold teef, and put a gun in her hand and she still wouldn't look even remotely authentic.

Man, if black Americans got some kind of small royalty everytime someone in the world copied one of their contributions to our culture, it would end black poverty in this country for good.

1 comment:

Swany said...

"Harder than tofu"--HA!!!