Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A couch potato's dream--I don't even have to get up and go to the mailbox to pick up my Netflix now!


If you weren't aware, Steve Jobs made one of his "Oh, and one more thing" announcements at a scheduled Apple media event today. As is typical of these periodic speeches, new products and applications were introduced, including the ability to buy whole movies through iTunes, and the promise of an iTV set-top box that will let you stream those movies to your TV via Wi-Fi.

Also announced was updates to the entire iPod lineup, like this new redesigned iPod Shuffle. I'm still not buying it, as I don't understand how you're supposed to find anything without a display and I don't buy into the whole "shuffle" concept, but the size of this thing is pretty impressive considering it holds 1 GB of music.

As the iPods continue to shrink, I was reminded of this "destined to be a classic" SNL skit:


1 comment:

Swany said...

Nah, there's a good reason why you see everyone and their dog sporting the white earbuds of an iPod, and it's not just because it's the trendy thing to have. There's a lot of substance to back up all that style. I think Wander can back me up on this. The scroll wheel exclusive to the iPod is reason enough to go with an Apple. About the only way they could have made the interface simpler would be for it to track your visual input or directly read your mind. And as innovative as Apple has been, I'm not so sure that's far behind.