Sunday, September 17, 2006

I suppose you can call it a "rebound"


Texas beat the crap out of Rice. Yawn. I guess I can't blame the media for trying their best to hype up this game, but who really thought the Owls could pull off a win to give Texas their first back to back losses since 1999?

Kind of a crappy weekend for the rest of the Big 12 overall, and everything seems to hurt Texas in the long run. Not that there was much chance of a Texas vs. Ohio State rematch in the National Championship, but losses by ranked Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Nebraska slammed the door on that possibility.

Oh well. Perhaps Scootypuff can get semi-excited about football for a day--TCU beat Texas Tech 12-3.

2 comments:

Dutch said...

Yeah, not only did I catch the last half of that game, but I did so at a party with my brother and about two dozen other Tech alums.

Swany said...

And they let you leave alive? Oh, sorry--I'm still thinking of Ohio State fans.