Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Heroes - Good enough to survive the chopping block?

Did anyone catch the series premeire of Heroes last night? There was a part where one of the characters is talking about the human genome and the potential of having the powers of teleportation and telepathy locked within our DNA--sounded like something straight from the X-Men and Professor Xavier's mouth. They even threw in a Kitty Pryde/X-Men reference later in the show.

I'm afraid, though, if I wasn't such a comic book geek that I might have been tempted to change the channel. It's got potential, but I hope it starts moving a bit faster in the next couple of episodes. NBC is airing an encore presentation tonight at 7:00 PM Central if you missed it. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hello New York!!!!"

I enjoyed it last night. Not sure if I'll get to catch it very often though.

Swany said...

b-dub, always nice to see some comments from people outside the Kool-Aid Gang.

I know what you mean about the comic book feel, Willie. If you noticed, even the subtitles for the Japanese characters were placed right next to the person speaking rather than at the bottom of the screen, almost like talking balloons (sans the actual balloons).

I liked Hiro, the Japanese guy, too. Hopefully, though, he'll get better control of his powers so he doesn't have to give us the constipation face everytime he's going to mess with the space-time continuum.