Tuesday, September 5, 2006

At this rate, I'll be lusting after a Hyundai in 15 years

I remember when the first Lexus came out in 1989, and I thought they were just wannabe luxury cars that would never really reach the level of Mercedes-Benz or BMW. Over time, though, Lexus has put out cars that have proven to be some of the most reliable and quiet cars on the market that often surpass those from Germany. Their styling has finally come to match what we see from European automakes, and I'm now finding myself oddly attracted to them.

Check out this video from the gadget blog Gizmodo. This thing actually parks itself! Now that's luxury. Word is that Lexus will be offering a hybrid version of this, too, for you eco-minded people with money. I will likely never own one of these as the starting price will likely be well over $60K.

No comments: