Friday, October 20, 2006

Soups on! And so is the puppetmaster...


I came home after studying for a couple of hours at a coffeeshop, and managed to watch Jeff Suppan finish up seven innings of pitching in a 1-1 tie between the Cardinals and the Mets. What can I say? This guy is clutch. Shutting down "The Rocket" a couple of years ago in the same situation, and coming through tonight with a strong performance. Unbelievable.

Tied up in the late innings of the deciding Game 7 of the National League Championship Series--what is a lone fan sitting in his living room to do? Why, pull out the puppetmaster herself! Yes, my wife sat down and watched the final inning of the game. Of course, what happens? A two run homer by Yadier Molina. Eerie powers, my friends. Eerie powers.

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals! I tell you, Redbird fever is infectious. I don't know how long I'll end up living in this city, but I think I may be a Cardinals fan for life.

No comments: