Sunday, October 1, 2006

It's like putting a lamb in a cage with lions...


As far as Texas football goes this week, it's a bit sad to think I was more excited about Vince Young starting for the Tennessee Titans than the UT vs. Sam Houston State game. Of course, I was happy to see Dallas beat Tennessee, as I am a loyal Cowboys fan, but I'm glad that VY didn't look silly in his first pro start.

But back to the college game. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how Sam Houston State, a Division I-AA school, made it onto the Longhorns schedule. That's almost like playing a two player game of Madden Football on Playstation and leaving one controller unmanned. Completely unfair. I'm almost glad the game wasn't broadcast here in St. Louis, as I'm sure watching the Bearkats get creamed might have been a bit unpleasant to watch.

Anywho, OU is next week, and things get exciting again. Let's hope Mack Brown and Greg Davis use some of what they got to see out of their offense this week to be a bit more liberal with the playbook in Dallas. And I'm optimistic that the secondary got a nice ego boost to carry into next week's showdown. OU SUCKS!!

ESPN's recap:

It was over when... It was scheduled. There was no way the reigning national champs -- with or without VY -- would let Sam Houston State make things interesting.
Gameball goes to... Colt McCoy. The redshirt freshman QB did what he was supposed to: make plays and stay healthy. And the 13-for-17 passing, 179 yards and two TDs didn't hurt.
Stat of the game... 14: It's been 14 years since Texas has played a Division I-AA opponent. This was the 12th-game addition to the Longhorns' schedule.

1 comment:

Swany said...

Bring a portable TV, feign food poisoning, and watch the game in the bathroom. Occasional moans and juicy fart noises will probably help convince those listening outside the door. The hard part will be surpressing the natural urge to scream and yell when UT scores or makes a bone-headed play.

It's that or programming the DVR and praying that no one spoils the game for you before you watch it. I'll be sure to call you at the end of the game and yell out the score...