Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's never good when you see your life flash before your eyes before you've even gotten through the first question...

Two days of testing, and it's finally over. Unfortunately, my brain feels kind of like that egg over there.

I think this was without a doubt the hardest exam I've ever taken in my life (and you all know I've taken a few). I've bombed a test or two in my day, but this may be the first time where I couldn't even recognize reading about half the content in the questions. Well, half may be overstating it a bit, but it gets the point across. Why I would need to know about some obscure genetic malformation that occurs in 1 out of a gazillion people is beyond me.

It costs $1300 for the "pleasure" of taking this exam. You'd think with that kind of money, they could at least spring to put these tests on a computer. Instead, it's back to the old #2 pencil and filling in all those freakin' bubbles. Sh*t. Seeing that I probably failed this go around, perhaps I'll start saving up for next year now. So much for that 50 inch plasma.

Sigh
. I think I'm going to go out now and get drunk...

4 comments:

Dutch said...

I once took a German test in college where I think I was inventing words that didn't exist in any language. Blowing that test pretty much guaranteed that I would get a C in that class. Or maybe it was a D. Anywho, knowing that I jsut tied an anchor to my GPA, I went down the dorm hall to a friend's room, where they were drinking. It was about 11:00 a.m., and they said they'd been drinking since 9:00. So, I joined them and we drank all afternoon. I forgot all about that test.

Granted, it's not the same as your situation, but the story has both tests and drinking in it so I figured it was somewhat relevant.

W.M. Scratch said...

Swany has created a new definition of "Egg Head." Sorry to hear about the exam, but I'm sure you did better than you feel. Enjoy a cool BEvERage and chill.

Of course, if I'm the guy with the obscure genetic malformation, (and I might be) then I hope to God that you can diagnose it and cure me.

Help me OB-1-SWANY you're my only hope.

W.M. Scratch said...

"jsut"

You are inventing words that don't exist.

Swany said...

Well, what color is it? Is it sore to touch?