Monday, October 30, 2006

A Man's Best Friend

I don't know if any of you ever used to watch Texas Country Reporter with Bob Phillips back when you all still lived in Texas, but I'd often catch an episode or two on the weekend. I really didn't have much of a choice--remember I was relegated to the basic big three networks, PBS, and a UHF station that eventually became the Fox affiliate. I guess I could have done something else, like read a book, but what fun is that? ;-) I'm not sure if that show is still around (Scootypuff, have you seen it?), but Bob would often have an interesting story to tell.

Funny. I'm suddenly hungry for some Dairy Queen...

Anywho, I came across this video from that show about this amazing dog, Skidboot. I think my old dog Buck was on the opposite end of the IQ scale. Buck wasn't nearly as mellow, either. Sometimes, though, I miss my old Schnauzer probably like this guy will miss Skidboot when he passes away.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

That dog was awesome! That old cowboy has some keen insights as well. I liked the part where he said, "I don't do anything, I just have the drivers license."