Tuesday, January 2, 2007

I think Dyson should make a commemorative Oklahoma Sooners vacuum model...

Ah, those Sooners. They never lose suction. I actually stopped watching the Fiesta Bowl after Paul Thompson's third interception throw. Apparently, I missed one heck of a crazy finish that I'm only now piecing together with highlights from ESPN Sportcenter and the internet. Not one, not two, but THREE trick plays that worked to perfection? Insanity...



Considering I actually thought Oklahoma deserved that slot against Ohio State in the BCS title game next week, I've gotta argue that Boise State deserves at least to share the National Championship this year. It only seems fitting to end their Cinderella story with a title, new BCS rules be damned.

Yes, all Boise State's Houdini acts of trickery and illusion kind of overshadowed the accomplishments of our beloved Horns this weekend. I kind of feel guilty for giving up on Texas, thinking that a loss to Iowa in the Alamo Bowl was inevitable. Glad I was wrong. What a relief to see that Colt McCoy still has the skills. I was afraid they were putting him back in too early. But 308 yards passing and two touchdowns? Who can argue with that? Not a bad days work for a redshirt freshman. I can only speculate that all the adjustments they needed to develop Colt McCoy are what threw off the running game this entire season. Hopefully, now that they know what this kid can do, they'll fix what's broke and really make this a lethal offense in the next year.

And finally, is it just me, or did anyone think of Scootypuff's Photoshop-ed (or I guess MS Paint-ed) picture of Wild Willie's baby girl with the speech balloon saying "BOOTY, BOOTY, BOOTY!" every time the name of USC's QB John David Booty came up during the Rose Bowl?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Booty Booty Booty. You know there is a rap song that says this and then goes on to say that it is "rockin everywhere."

Did I say that I love the Broncos from Boise State. While a die hard cfb fan would say that you have to cheer for your league it is always fun to see the landstealers come up short. It was doubly fun to see it done in such a fashion.