Monday, January 8, 2007

I was nothing until the day I graduated from the Handsome Boy Modeling School.

Handsome Boy Modeling School


So I was looking for O Fortuna, Imperatix from Carmina Burana and for some inexplicable reason Yahoo! music presented a song called If it wasn't for you, from a band named Handsome Boy Modeling School. Of course the band name had me rolling, so I gave the song a chance. After listening to it four or five times in a row, I downloaded the whole album, White People, which is pretty damn good. This is the kind of hip-hop that I like, something not afraid to experiment with the music and has subject matter other than drive-bys and big booty bitches. That and it has vocal cameos by Father Guido Sarducci and Tim Meadows doing the Ladies Man, Leon Phelps. What's not to like about that?

Check it out, I'm betting that most of you will like it.

3 comments:

W.M. Scratch said...

"Handsome Boy Modeling School" is a reference to one of my favorite underated sitcoms (frequently the least-watched show in America) of the nineties - "Get A Life" starring Chris Elliot. The show combined idiocy and cynicism long before Sacha Baron Cohen. Of course Chris Elliot did it in an almost "The Wiggles" kind of way.

"The Prettiest Week of my Life" "Health Inspector 2000" and "The Construction Worker Show" were a few of my favorites. I have managed to purchase some of the episodes on DVD, but not all are available.

I also agree with Scooty - Good Tunes.

Wander said...

Have it. Love it.
And the keywords O Fortuna pulling them up is most likely due to the rave version of O Fortuna by the group Quadrophenia in '92. Not related in anyway, but the search engine probably figured dance is dance.

Swany said...

Man, I think I'll need to come up with a contest where we have to come up with some cool music that Wander doesn't know about already.