Thursday, January 4, 2007

Alternatives to water...

For 2007, I've been trying to decrease my alcohol consumption and drink more water (now successful for a whole four days), although I keep coming across new articles like this one from New York magazine rating a number of lesser known ales that sound mighty tasty. Sadly, Wankmaster Scratch will be disappointed to read that his beloved PBR got the big thumbs down. Don't feel bad, though, because the Saison Dupont that I seem to recall you and your lady raving about was well received. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate a bottle in my neck of the woods. :-(

3 comments:

W.M. Scratch said...

The Saison Dupont has been my favorite beer for several years. It is hard to find, but I have come across it in Portland and at Speck's in Houston. The beer is a delicious orange color, earthy, floral and spicy. I want one!

BTW if you are visiting Scootypuff go to Specks Downtown on a Saturday and enjoy great free tastings and food.

W.M. Scratch said...

On the low end scale I would have to rank them the following way:

1) Pabst Blue Ribbon (good taste at a cheap price)
2) Yuengling (easy drinking)
3) Miller High Life (Hey, it's the "Champagne of Beers," and the High Life girl on the can is cute)
4) Schlitz (for me it is the lowest because of the fizz and slight metallic taste)

Swany said...

Champagne of Beers? Sounds like a sissy drink.

If ever any of you have an inkling to visit me in St. Louis, I can take you to the Tin Can Tavern, a bar and grill kind of place that serves a huge variety of cheap beer. As the you can guess by the name, every beer they serve is from a can. Just remember to bring your coozy...