Thursday, January 25, 2007

Start petitioning now?

A few weeks ago, I read a rumor that Battlestar Galactica wasn't going to get renewed for a fourth season. Someone later posted that this wasn't true, but considering the low ratings it got in its new time slot on Sunday nights, I'm beginning to worry. Even Stargate SG-1 got a higher viewer share. Granted, I've never really watched that show with MacGyver running through interdimensional gateways, but I always got the impression that it sucked.

Hopefully, BSG can turn it around, and survive until the story is complete instead of having to resort to a fan-fueled outcry that finally brought Family Guy back to life. Speaking of which, I really underappreciated Family Guy, and am only now starting to watch it. I think it may even be better than The Simpsons, the new episodes anyway. Even the wife has gotten hooked on the exploits of Brian and Stewie. Sadly, I still cannot convince her to watch BSG. She'll watch cartoons, but not a live-action drama with Oscar-nominated actors and plotlines that speak to her Democrat ideals. Go figure.

No comments: