Thursday, July 26, 2007

Separating the genuine fans from the posers...


Holy crap! Look at this thing! Wander already told us about the upcoming release of Ridley Scott's definitive version of Blade Runner. Well, this is the DVD box set that will be released afterwards with FIVE versions of the film. FIVE!

Now that's what I call obsession. I'm not sure I would want all of those cuts, but then I was never the kind of guy to go digging through the imports section at Tower Records looking for every known mix of a Depeche Mode song either.

3 comments:

Wander said...

HOLY CRAP! How did I not know about this set? It even has a freakin tin foil unicorn! Must have!
And yes, Swany was specifically talking about me with that Depeche Mode comment. And yes, I do STILL collect every mix of of thier songs I can find. I have nearly 110 gigs of music on my computer, it can't all be 3 minute pop ballads you know. I don't even listen to 3 minute pop ballads.
Anyway, will I be buying that set? Oh man, I really really might!
I have an original script used during filming that would go rather well with that swag.

Swany said...

Little did you know that Edward James Olmos folds those origami unicorns himself specifically for these box sets during his off-time on the set of BSG to raise more retirement money after he found out he'd be out of work again after Season 4 of the show.

Yeah, I don't know that I was thinking of you when I started to write that, Wander, but by the time I got to the end of the sentence, I figured you were one of those fanatics, which is why I picked DM to illustrate my point.

And 110 GB of music? I'm still trying to fill up the 20 on my old iPod.

Dutch said...

I'm not interested in the swag, but all five cuts of the movie? I may need to indulge in this one.