Tuesday, July 17, 2007

MMM... Bacon

In the continued interest of lightening things up around here, I offer this exquisite delight.

Bacon Exotic Candy Bar

Applewood smoked bacon + Alder smoked salt + deep milk chocolate

Deep milk chocolate coats your mouth and leads to the crunch of smoked bacon pieces. Surprise your mouth with the smoked salt and sweet milk chocolate combination.Crisp, buttery, compulsively irresistible bacon and milk chocolate combination has long been a favorite of mine. I started playing with this combination at the tender age of six while eating chocolate chip pancakes drenched in maple syrup. Beside my chocolate-laden cakes laid three strips of fried bacon, just barely touching a sweet pool of maple syrup. Just a bite of the bacon was too salty and yearned for the sweet kiss of chocolate syrup. In retrospect, perhaps this was a turning point, for on that plate something magical happened: the beginnings of a combination so ethereal and delicious that it would haunt my thoughts until I found the medium to express it--chocolate.

To Order: http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars

You'll each be recieving a case from me for christmas...

4 comments:

Swany said...

Mmmmmmm...baaacon.

Can't wait for Christmas! ;-)

Dutch said...

I'm skeptical of this, but then again I was skeptical of chocolate on potato chips way back when.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate on Potato Chips? Chocolate on Bacon?

I tend to like my salty stuff salty and my sweet stuff sweet. I am the guy that performs the delicate balancing act with my bacon on the side of the plate so that it will not come in contact with syrup.

All of that to say ... Ahhhh, why not give it a shot?

Swany said...

Chocolate covered pretzels? Kettle corn? Fresh sweet corn on the cob with a little Lawry's Season Salt sprinkled on top? I'll agree with you on the bacon and syrup thing, but sometimes salty and sweet can be oh so delicious.