Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The gentle hand of the long arm...

For those who may have not heard, Lady Bird Johnson died today at the age of 94. Kind of made me sad, having spent a few years living in the central Texas region during college and absorbing the influence of LBJ (both Lyndon Baines and Lady Bird Johnson) on the city of Austin stretching from the Presidential Library and its presence on the University of Texas campus to listening every so often to KLBJ radio to visiting the grounds of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center on the outskirts of town. My wife and I usually make a trip out to the Wildflower Center anytime we're in Austin, as it's a particularly special place for us. I'm not sure I really know that much about Lady Bird's history other than what I've read in the obituaries today, but I'll always be grateful to her for giving me the perfect spot to propose to my wife.

No comments: