Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm just sold on the poster alone...


I'm a big fan of Christian Bale. He really hasn't headlined that many films, but the he's put out some impressive and memorable performances in the movies he's been in. American Psycho, Reign of Fire, The Machinist, Batman Begins--all quality, and he's managed to use a different accent in each one. Reviews of his most recent release, Rescue Dawn, have been gushingly positive (although I haven't had the chance to see it yet). He may be the most versatile young actor out there (and yes, Firecracker George, I might actually think he's better than Ed Norton). Add to the fact that he's the exact same age as all of us in the Gang here, and it becomes kind of fun to watch his career rise.

So it was a surprise to me that I hadn't heard about this movie coming out in September. 3:10 to Yuma is a remake of a western from the 50's revamped with Bale alongside Russell Crowe playing the leads, which is hoping to generate a bit of Oscar buzz by opening a bit early before all the other movies vying for awards come out. I'd see the film just from that cool poster above, though. Check out the trailer, if you're interested.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

and yes, Firecracker George, I might actually think he's better than Ed Norton

I don't know if I'd say that yet, but I'm a huge Christian Bale fan, too.

Two other great actors that I don't think get enough credit: Jim Caviezel and Guy Pearce.