Sunday, July 1, 2007

Learning from eating another apple...

Last night, I stopped by the local Apple store to check out the iPhone, and as I type this post on my BlackBerry, I realize how lame all other phones are in comparison to Steve Job's new "it" device. All the people lining up for days seemed a bit extreme (most Apple stores still had plenty in stock yesterday), but I must say getting to play around with an iPhone for a bit was really cool and did make me a bit envious of all those people that bought one Friday night.

It also got me thinking about Steve Jobs. Why can't other companies put as much thought into their product design? Anything that Apple releases seems to instill almost mass hysteria as being the next big thing with good reason--typically they're making something that truly meets the what people think of as a dream device. In comparison, we all wait to see what Bill Gates left out of his company's inventions and aren't surprised when they're big disappointments (e.g. The Zune), and seems to take advantage of our growing complacency with low expectations.

Perhaps the American auto industry could take a page from the guys in Cupertino, CA.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: