Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sometimes, you never know where a few extra minutes on the world wide web will take you...

After the link in the post below and the musical track used for that site, I got to thinking about Steve Winwood. I was a big fan of his music in the 80's when he made his comeback with Back In the High Life, back when I was obsessed with the sounds of keyboards, synthesizers, and Hammond organs. Despite his use of all this electronic instrumentation, though, I don't think you could have ever confused his musical stylings with dance electronica.

A quick search through the internet led me to all things Steve Winwood, from his early days in the UK as a teenage blues musical phenom to collaborations with Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix in the 60's, and more recently to his 1982 track "Valerie" later remixed into a dance track by DJ Eric Prydz.

Anywho, this is a long introduction and an excuse to show the video for the remixed song that has convinced me that Firecracker George should take up an aerobics class at his gym. Just skip the wearing the leg warmers and lip syncing to the music--that's just gay. It's a little NSFW, and I'll probably be getting in trouble with the female readership again. Yup, it's a slow and boring day for me. Just enough free time on my hands to get myself into trouble:

2 comments:

Dutch said...

That's the dirtiest thing I've ever seen that still had clothes on.

Swany said...

Actually, it's probably cleaner than most NBA cheerleading dance routines these days. See what you're missing for not being a sports fan? ;-)