Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Now this is what I call child abuse...

I don't quite understand why people have any fond memories of Thundercats. I only watched it because it had Japanese-style animation and I had no other television choices after school on the four channels available to me since my family didn't have cable. Otherwise, I thought the concept was pretty stupid. So it bewilders me to learn that Warner Bros. has optioned a script to turn it into a CGI motion picture. Then again, I guess they never learned from that Dolph Lundgren disaster they made in the late 80's because they're making He-Man into a movie again, too.

About the only thing Thundercats was good for was this Family Guy spoof:



Too bad there isn't some perceived mass nostalgia for Robotech. Now that would make a good flick, a GREAT freakin' flick.

3 comments:

Dutch said...

I thought Thundercats was a cool concept with terrible execution.

Snarf, Snarf.

Wander said...

I've had two people work for me in the last 7 years that had Thundercat tattoos. It has a huge underground following among the 20 something's right now, and has for awhile. Why? Snarf if I know.

Swany said...

Actually, the Thundercats logo is kind of cool. Otherwise...