Friday, June 22, 2007

It ain't easy being cheesy...


It was exactly one year ago to the day that I started this blog with the intent of sharing my random thoughts and internet finds with my good friends in a forum that wouldn't force them to wade through endless emails in their inbox everyday. I'm proud to say that what began as a procrastination tool to add a bit of mindless fun to an otherwise boring workday has evolved into a nice place for the Kool-Aid Gang to keep in touch and chat about inane subjects like we normally would have done back in our more youthful days, and what we'd likely do now with a barbeque and a few bottles of beer. We've poked a little fun at each other, laughed at other people, marveled at the latest discoveries of science, had some heated debates about our political beliefs, discussed some deep philosophical issues, and even learned a lesson or two about English grammar. Even if I haven't actually seen most of you in person in over a year, I'm glad technology has allowed us to stay in touch.

So here's to a successful first year run of The Life and Times of Chester Cheetah and the Kool-Aid Gang. Thanks for contributing, guys!

4 comments:

W.M. Scratch said...

Thanks for making this blog a success - Swany. Who knows, maybe someday someone might pay you to keep up the blog. Also thanks to Firecracker (formally Scooty), Willie, and Wander for posting proficiently. I wish I could afford the time during the day to do so, and I wish I could remember my nights.

Dutch said...

Thank you, Pimpaliscious. You've done a great job keeping us all connected.

Anonymous said...

How could I not comment on this post. It has become a part of my daily life, and I wouldn't know how to start my mornings anymore if it weren't around.

Wander said...

Thanks for creating it, and thanks for letting us play with it, Swany.

Lord knows that was taking a chance with this crew.