Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Now that's some comic book movie casting I wasn't expecting...

When I heard that they were going to make a new Incredible Hulk movie that would have no continuity or relation to Ang Lee's version with Eric Bana, I wasn't all that enthused. But Edward Norton as the Hulk? They've got my attention now.

I thought Eric Bana was pretty good in The Hulk, but I don't think the CGI was quite up to par. A shame, really, since it was an extremely well done film otherwise.

Anywho, Ed Norton and the Hulk? I think I just heard Firecracker George "WOOHOO!" somewhere in Texas. Imagine if Ang Lee was helming this one--I think his head would have exploded.

3 comments:

Dutch said...

What? I thought that the CGI was great. AND DOOD, IT WAS ANG LEE! Ang Lee is such the man. He could direct a hemorrhoid cream commercial and it would be moving. I thought Sam Elliot and especially Nick Nolte were brilliant in the Hulk, too.

But yeah, it's Ed Norton. Hopefully this is a movie he wants to do and not just a contract obligation with a studio.

Of course, even then (like the Italian Job) he's awesome.

I tells ya, I'm constantly flip-flopping between who is a better actor, Ed Norton or Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Anonymous said...

I would have to go with Norton. Hoffman kind of freaks me out. I don't know why, but I find watching him uncomfortable.

Swany said...

The Hulk's movements, as modeled after Ang Lee himself, were good, but some of the close-ups of the Hulk's face still looked animated.

Philip Seymour Hoffman always looks a bit stoned to me, but he is a good actor. His best lines, though, are still from Along Came Polly.

"Here comes the rain!"

"Let's get out of here. I think I sharted"