Thursday, April 5, 2007

A Moment Of Silence

S0me sad news out of Hollywood.

LOS ANGELES -- Film director Robert Clark, best known for the beloved holiday classic "A Christmas Story," and his son were killed Wednesday in a car wreck, the filmmaker's assistant and police said.
Clark, 67, and son Ariel Hanrath-Clark, 22, were killed in the accident in Pacific Palisades, said Lyne Leavy, Clark's personal assistant.
The two men were in an Infiniti that collided head-on with a GMC Yukon around 2:30 a.m. PST, said Lt. Paul Vernon, a police spokesman. The driver of the other car was under the influence of alcohol and was driving without a license, Vernon said.

As I've mentioned before, "A Christmas Story" is one of my favorite films, and Tellulah and I watch it every Christmas all day (and I usually watch it on dvd a couple of times throughout the year).
What a sad ending.

Although on a more interesting note, Peter Billingsley, who played Ralphie in the film, is an Executive Producer on the upcoming "Iron Man" film. Apperently he and Jon Favreau, the director on "Iron Man" (and not a bad actor himself) are good friends. Go figure.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

I think what is most sad is that his son was only 22. That's a pitifully small amount of time to have in the world.

Second to that is the (possible) mother and wife who lost her son and husband at the same time.

There have been a few times when I was a little too drunk to drive, but they were a long time ago and I wasn't that bad off. Still, I was lucky and that was pretty damn irresponsible of me. Now that I've been partying like those two wild and crazy guys, I have been drinking a lot more than I use to. It's not that difficult to plan ahead to make sure you won't be driving home buzzed or drunk. Any and all excuses are simply crap.

Whoever it was that killed them, I think that they should spend at bare minimum a decade in prison. Even then ten years of the offender's life is cheap compared to the remaining years those two might of had.