Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Defying the Odds

In the last four months, a bizarre occurance has taken place in my life. I have accomplished a feat rarely seen within the confines of marriage. As is normally the case, I started my winter journey of growing a beard. This typically starts soon after (usually the same day of) my wedding anniversary. The journey consisted of the usual full beard which stays trimmed and comes off in February.

On the first of the year, I shaved the beard down to a goatee which my wife has put up strong opposition to in the past. This time, though, she did not think it looked as bad as she thought it would. I attribute this feat to having gone from a full beard to a goatee, and I decided to keep it for a while. As it grew I decided that I wanted to take this thing as far as I could. It would accompany me on a personal journey heading towards one of my goals for the year of 2007. I would not, I could not, get rid of it or trim it until I had reached this goal. The length grew and grew. Little did I know that my wife would put up with such antics as long as she did and all the while continue to be "intimate" with me. This defies all odds.

Last night, however, proved to be a moment of weakness, and I caved. It would prove to be rather timely though. After achieving a length greater than I did in my mid twenties, I got rid of my goatee before reaching my personal goal because it was even too ugly for me to see in the mirror. Little did I know that this morning I achieved that personal goal and the growth was not in vain. It has accompanied me well on my journey. While it was ugly, I had grown accustomed to the warmth it provided. And so it too will provide you with some warmth today - the warmth of laughter - in the viewing of some pictures.

The Pippi Longstocking Version:

The Perv Version:

The Singing Bush Version:


The Dreadlock Version:




The Cowboy Version:




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I'm laughing my coffee through my nose right now! The perv stache is so crooked...brilliant. The Pippi Longstocking version picture looks like someone with a white glove is holding their hand up which makes it even funnier. So, you gettin' you girl a Go-Tee in a box?

Swany said...

Perhaps we should all have a moment of silence for Wild Willie's beard.

.......[someone coughing]...........[baby crying]...........

Yeah, OK. Dreadlock version actually makes you look a bit like Davy Jones from Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. All you need is the pirate hat. Arrrrrrgghhh!

Dutch said...

Rats, Pimp beat me to the pirate joke.

The Perv version makes you look like a gym teacher. However, for the true molestache you need a pedosmile. Check out the mug shots of pedophiles, they always have a creepy grin on their face.

By the way that was hilarious. I certainly appreciate the time you take to create posts. I mean, nine months is a long time.