Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Where do you look first?

I was listening to someone talk about our vanity one time and I thought his point was interesting. He said something along the lines of, "When you look at a picture that you are in, where is the first place you look?" Well I am guessing that most everyone looks for themselves and tries to determine how they look. Heck I do it. I will always gravitate towards how I look, and the pictures that I look really good in are the ones that become my favorite.

Well, I now have a new twist on this. Ever since my little one has joined the world, my wife and I constantly hear how my daughter looks like me. This is either preceeded or followed by how cute she looks. Now, I live in the South so this could just be them being nice, but I like to think not. So with the combination of how she looks like me and is so cute, I have since been taking the cute remarks as personal compliments to which I respond with a genuine, "Thank You." Because I rib my wife about this all the time and she nows how arrogant I can be privately, she just rolls her eyes. If you listen close enough to my tone and body language, though, you will know that I am taking the compliment personally.

What's great about all of this is that now I can look at pictures that include me and my daughter and look at her first. I don't even need pictures of me anymore.


Damn I look good!!

5 comments:

Dutch said...

Actually, when I see your daughter, I see your mom and your sister. No stretch of the imagination there, though.

Also, I've heard that babies often look more like their fathers when they are youngest as a built-in way to keep the father around. (If it looks like him, he knows the kid is his.)

She is a real cutie. Maybe this means that you look like a girl?

Jan said...

So scottypuff jr. what you are really saying is that I should be the one saying "Thank you!" when Abigail is complimented as being so darn cute.

Dutch said...

Yes!

Fandango6 said...

nice photo, she's a darling!!

Swany said...

Hmmm. I think that baby is even replicating her dad's mouth expressions. Hopefully, looks is all that Abigail takes from dad for the first few years of life. Can you imagine if her first words aren't mama or dada? Instead, we'll get "mommachada!" or some other Wild Willie-ese speak at age one.