Thursday, August 24, 2006

Don't even try making any eye contact, either...

This week has reminded me a lot of my days at the University of Texas. Mile-long walks in hot, humid weather. Arriving at class soaked in my own perspiration and dripping all over my notes. No, not exactly the most pleasant memories. But I do recall always picking up a free copy of The Daily Texan to peruse while I was bored in those gargantuan 1000+ student classes, like freshman Chemistry or the like. This week has been no different, as The Washington Post hands out its own free paper called Express at the entrance of the Metro. All I need now is my old red backpack, a fried rice stand on the corner to grab lunch, and I can really relive my youth.

Anywho, I mention this because I read a short blurb in my free paper earlier this morning about a Canadian doctor who was kicked off a United Airlines flight out of Winnepeg apparently for praying with a couple of his traveling companions. The sight of three Muslims praying apparently spooked some of the passengers. This doesn't seem to be isolated to the Canucks, either, as this article from the UK points out. I guess you can't even speak in your native tongue without drawing suspicion upon yourself.

It's a crazy world we live in, guys.

No comments: