Thursday, August 10, 2006

Imagine Calculus but Muted?!?!

Recently for my birthday I got an indie cd from a buddy. It was from the group Mute Math. To give props where props are due, I actually got a complitation disc from my brother-in-law last Christmas with one of their songs on it. I liked that song, but when I received the cd a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't impressed at first listen. As I have listened to the cd more and more though I am beginning to like it more and more. Some of the songs that I think you should listen to on the site linked above are Break the Same, Typical, and Reset. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Dutch said...

I like them. Noticed is a good song too. The singer not only sounds a tad like Sting from the Police days, so does the drummer! The guitar work reminds me of Coldplay, and the pop-ish style is a little Third Eye Blind sounding.

Jan said...

I've seen Mute Math in concert and really liked them. I love that the drummer rocks so hard that he has to tape his earphones to his head. Reset is a great song to watch and listen to live.

Swany said...

I think the benchmark for a good album is one that has to grow on you. They tend to be the ones that stick with you years after they were released. It's usually those catchy songs that sound good right off the bat that I end up getting really sick of and never listen to again.