Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stairway to Heaven


Fortunately, no pictures of cervical mucus or urethral pus drainage today. It's Day 4 for me here in our nation's capital. I woke up to the sights and smells of a dog butt in my face. Why Scratch's and Mrs. Scratch's dog insists on coming in and sleeping up at the head of my bed is beyond me. I really should learn to close the door at night.

I've been using the Washington D.C. Metro system to get around these past few days, and it's a pretty interesting system. It seems like they tried digging all the way to China before they decided they were deep enough to put in the subway tunnels. Must be how they got the pandas. In order to get down there to actually ride the Metro, you have to ride down a ridiculously long escalator that feels like you're taking a trip to Hell on the way down and up to Heaven on the way back up to the surface. This allowed them to create the longest escalator in the western hemisphere. The picture above is not the record holding Wheaton station, but some other Metro moving staircase I shamelessly stole off Wikipedia. I've been following the rules of etiquette by staying to the right on the escalator as I lazily ride up and down, and didn't want to give away my tourist status by whipping out my camera.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

At least Scratch has a Jack Russell Terrier, so it's a small butt.