Thursday, January 10, 2008

Star Wars has real life lessons for everything...

So I guess the candidate field for the U.S. Presidential Election of 2008 is beginning to thin out. Somehow, I've been somewhat oblivious to what anyone's specific views are, and only seem to care about who seems intelligent and less prone to pandering to what the public just wants to hear. I've been leaning towards Barack Obama, but wonder if John McCain is the proven real deal.  How is one to decide?

Well, use the Force and consult "Mighty Rex Star Wars Guide to the Candidates."  Here's their take on McCain:

Darth McCain

I had to get this one out of the way right from the top, because I know some of you were thinking "Hey, Vader being a powerful black man..." but NO! You need to drop those stereotypes, mister! Obama isn't remotely like Vader, and besides, as we learned in Episode VI, Vader was a cracker! Heavily scarred by traumatic experiences, torture, manipulation, the 2000 Republican primaries... he has the reputation of a "maverick"... remember the arbitrary slaughter of Imperial officers? the offer to Luke to join him?

...but Darth McCain ultimately serves the Emperor, voting with him almost every time. McCain could be redeemed someday, but only by succumbing to Force Lightning and tossing the Emperor into a pit... something he has thus far refused to do. Let's stay in Iraq... err... Tatooine... forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a funny note, I thought the Lando Calrisian connection was pretty funny.

On a more serious note and with what I know now, I might have a tough time making a decision if it came down to Obama and McCain in the end. This isn't much different than the other elections for me, except that the tough time would come from choosing between candidates a like rather than candidates I don't.

Wander said...

I'm having a field day just watching Americas immense discomfort trying to decide if they're more scared of a woman President or a black President. I'm not particularly fond of either one, but even I can live with McCain as President when the Republicans rig the elections anyway.