Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If she had been wearing a pair of those adidas sneakers, I'll bet they would have let her in...

I found this audition for American Idol rather humorous, but then felt rather sad for this young girl.  Why must we all judge each other by outer appearances? Why must we all be hip and cool to be accepted in this world? Why can't we all just run around as our favorite Star Wars character? Is it jealousy that I empathize with her so much?  Is it my inner Star Wars dorkness yearning to be let out just as she has let her own spring free for the entire world to see? 


Who am I kidding?  She was just GOOFY! Ten bucks says she makes a cameo appearance at some MTV awards show later in the year.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was actually quite surprised they didn't rip her any harder.

"You need a dork on this show." I think they need the Kool-Aid Gang on the show.

Dutch said...

Yeah, that woman is the essence of dork incarnate. I know so many cats I could set her up with...

"duh!"

She has some singing talent, but it doesn't sound like she has any training. Her voice isn't good enough to counter her dorkiness. I can't really blame them for not choosing her - Simon Cowell is investing money in hopes he can find someone who can earn him a return on his investment (i.e. exploit). Nobody would 'buy' her.