Wednesday, January 30, 2008

'Cause I guess when you're stoned, you'll forget to buy more during the day...

I don't have significant chronic pain that would warrant a prescription for marijuana and I've never smoked weed, but I guess when you need it, you need it quickly. This was the oddest thing I read all day:

Vending Machines Dispense Pot in LA

By DAISY NGUYEN
Associated Press Writer

The city that popularized the fast food drive-thru has a new innovation: 24-hour medical marijuana vending machines.

Patients suffering from chronic pain, loss of appetite and other ailments that marijuana is said to alleviate can get their pot with a dose of convenience at the Herbal Nutrition Center, where a large machine will dole out the drug around the clock.

"Convenient access, lower prices, safety, anonymity," inventor and owner Vincent Mehdizadeh said, extolling the benefits of the machine.

The rest of the article is here. I was especially tickled by this guy, or rather his indication for needing pot:

A man who said he has been authorized to use medical marijuana as part of his anger management therapy said the vending machine's security measures would at least protect against illicit use of the drug.
Anger management therapy? Oh, c'mon! I'll bet his nickname is "Drama," too.

2 comments:

Dutch said...

I bet his authorization was somebody telling him, "Damn, dude. You need to mellow out."

Anonymous said...

Nice reference Swany! What's funnier is the first response was from a dude whose avatar is a Turtle.