Friday, January 18, 2008

I wonder if Leo DiCaprio will finally ditch that ugly car of his for this...


I heard the other day that the Toyota Prius is now outselling the Ford Explorer. I guess this is a good sign that the car-buying public is ready to scrap all that extra cargo room in favor of a more environmentally friendly vehicle. Still, I don't know about you guys, but I find the Prius to be kind of an ugly looking car. Why does a eco-conscious car have to look so goofy? The Tesla Roadster proved you could build a kick-ass electric car that looked sexy. Now, Fisker Automotive is introducing their hybrid called Karma. You can plug it in overnight and go 50 miles strictly on electric charge alone, or rev up the diesel engine and get 100 miles/gallon. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. Top speed of 125 mph. And if it sort of looks like an Aston Martin DB9 to you, that's because it was designed by the same guy. The downside? Pricetag: $80,000. I guess us normal folk will be stuck with the clown car for awhile.

No comments: