Sunday, January 20, 2008

He's kind of freaky today, but you've got to admit this was an awesome album back in the day...

Hard to believe that Michael Jackson's Thriller is 25 years old. This was the first album I ever owned, so it will forever hold a special place in my life. A 25th anniversary edition of this hallowed album is set to release next month which will also include covers by modern artists like Kanye West since he can't actually come up with stuff on his own. As much as I like "Stronger," it's really just a remixed version of Daft Punk with some extra lyrics thrown in. Why Kanye seems so upset he never gets a Grammy every year is beyond me--come up with some actual original MUSIC, and not just some slick rhymes, dude.

Anywho, here's Akon's version of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'." I don't mind covers, as long as they can stand up to the original and bring something unique to the table. This one just doesn't hit that benchmark (in my opinion). MA MA SE MA MA SA MA MA COO SA...

No comments: