Thursday, February 8, 2007

Star Wars and Lost...


Anyone catch the return of Lost from hiatus last night? Actually, I guess I'm only typing to Wild Willie--I've gotten the impression that he's the only one reading this blog that watches the show, and even his interest sounded like it was waning.

Overall, I was a bit underwhelmed, but always leave it to a quick quip from Sawyer to salvage it:

I can't believe you fell for the wookie prisoner gag!


Reading around on some of the Lost discussion sites, someone even pointed out that apparently Princess Leia's detention block number of AA23 in Star Wars matched up with "Cheech's" prison room number of 23 in the show last night. Nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched it yet, but when I do I will have to respond. There is a part of me that wants to let it que up for a while on my dvr so I don't have to do the whole waiting game.

BTW, I too watch the Unit. It doesn't get me all excite like the other shows I watch but it is good lunch time fodder.

Swany said...

Ooops. Sorry. Didn't know you hadn't seen it yet, but I don't think I gave anything important away.

Yeah, I don't get that wrapped up in the The Unit either. I know all the secrecy around the Delta Force and the intermarital conflicts such nondisclosure brings up is a central part of the show, but frankly I usually only watch it for the missions.

I'm still waiting for a cameo for Chuck Norris reprising his role as Major McCoy from that old Golan-Globus Delta Force movie, though. Then it would become must-see-TV!

Anonymous said...

I walked into a used book store the other day down the road from where I live. It is the kind of store that also sells used cd's, has the hip college student working behind the counter, and has the counter decorated with random stuff like you would see on the wall above a urinal in a college coffee shop. You know the kind of place I am talking about right. Anyway they had a cover under the counter of an old TV Guide with Chuck on the cover doing a roundhouse kick. He was the number one show and I think it might have really been must-see-tv.

Anyhow, the only reason I watch it is for the exact same reason you do. I actually get pissed when they flip back to a wife segment.