Sunday, February 11, 2007

From now on, please refer to me as the Artist Formerly Known As Scootypuff jr.

During my past ten years of goofing off in the realm formerly known as cyberspace (notice that name has gone into disuse?), I've adopted several nom de keyboards, usually taken from whatever was tickling my funny bone at the time. Because of this, I've developed a form of internet personality disorder, and I'm losing track of who said what where. Was it Blue Fugate on AIM? Was it Spice Weasel on CoX? Was it Scootypuff jr. on the Kool-Aid blog? It's all oh so confusing.

So in an effort to integrate my multiple user personalities, I'm adopting a single screen name. I'd go see a psychiatrist instead, but I don't have health insurance.

If you mourn the passing of Scootypuff jr., please know that I think you're friggin' nuts. It's still me, guys.

As a friend recently said, "God knows us by our hearts, not our names."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't an integration be more like Blue Weasel Puff? Firecracker George? You gonna shed any light on this one or am I just that far outside of pop culture?

Dutch said...

The name does come from pop culture in a way - pop as in the sound of a firecracker.

One 4th of July, when I was a wee lad, me and my cousins found a box turtle in my grandparents' back yard and named him Firecracker George. For some strange reason, I've glomed onto that name.

George went on to a luxurious life of eating crickets in my grandparents' basement.

Wander said...

Call yourself what you want, you'll always be Michelangelo to me...

Swany said...

Hey, he never did say what happened to the turtle (unless he's still down in that basement).