Monday, February 26, 2007

H.R.G. Man has a heart after all...

What a great episode of Heroes tonight! It's amazing how well this show translates into the feel of a comic book. We get all kinds of background into Mr. Bennett, but still are left with all kinds of mysterious connections yet to be revealed. It's like reading the X-Men and one of those classic convoluted crossover plotlines by Chris Claremont and company that would run over a dozen issues and spill over into other titles.

I hope this episode got it out of Wild Willie probation for a little while, although I still have to remind myself it hasn't even finished up its first season yet. In another year or two, this could get as complicated as trying to figure out the whole Scott Summers-Jean Grey-Phoenix-Rachel Summers-Cable relationships from the X-Men.

Anywho, if you didn't catch it tonight, they'll be putting it up for online viewing pretty soon on their website.

5 comments:

Dutch said...

I thought last night's was very good. It was a bit of a strain on credibility when everyone has connections to everyone else. Of course, I say this as I completely accept a man who can generate thermonuclear energy and a girl who can heal all wounds.

Anonymous said...

While I did think the episode was a very good one, there was one element that sort of bothered me. Can Claire also regenerate or heal her hair?

Let me explain my "probation" a little bit more. In all reality, all tv shows are on probation with me because I need to watch much less of it. It is hard though with so many shows I enjoy watching. So I have told myself to watch the shows this season while thinking about which ones make it to the one or two list for next year. Heroes is leading the pack right now.

Swany said...

Meaning she should have hair that's grown down to her feet because it should grow back everytime she cuts it? Actually, I think such a question came up for Wolverine once, and was answered in a comic book, although I don't remember the explanation.

Also, I wonder if Peter can use Claire's healing power now, how's he going to have a scar later on, as Hiro mentioned awhile back in the episode where he visits Peter from the future?

Watch LESS television? What are you, a radio?!

Anonymous said...

Hair ... as in she walks out of the house with flesh and clothing charred, but her hair is in tact.

Wander said...

I actually think that hair is more resilient to radiation type energy. It wasn't so much flames and heat, as the chain reactions of atoms splitting. Like a microwave, the heat starts on the inside and works its way out, it isn't an instantaneous heat, which explains the cabinets and walls smoldering, not blazing. The skins moisture boils in that type of radiation, giving you a Spock in Wrath of Khan type burn, much like the cheerleader had, and his hair didn't burn either.
But what do I know.
As for the episode, it was the one I was hoping they would give us. It had some answers, without giving too much away, and it had some real humanity. I loved it, and it made me like the show just that much more.
As for everyone being connected in some way, like Sulu and Hiro being on the balcony x years before, and Hiro's corporation being the shadow behind it all, I would have been dissapointed if it hadn't all turned out that way. Everything is connected, and there are no such things as coincidence as Crackah and I have talked many an hour about.