Monday, May 28, 2007

Shadowrun Trailer

Some of you who post here may remember the Shadowrun RPG from 15 years ago. It actually bacame my favorite for some time then, and in fact I still have reams of fiction and even an attempted novel I wrote about it in my garage. The game is set in the near future, only all the things that were once myth have come back. Over night people became elves and Orcs, and ancient tribal magics once again flowed strong. But along side this ancient power, there was still the technology of the day, with cyber implants and virtual reality runs through the net to crack databases. I loved it. It was the best of everything I loved in sci-fi and fantasy. Well, two years ago the RPG relaunched, and now we have the game this trailer is for. Not only is it a Shadowrun game, but it is THE FIRST game to offer cross platform multiplay ability. In other words I can play it on my XBox 360 against an opponent playing it on thier PC. It is already revolutionizing games, as many upcoming shooters and mmorpg's like Age Of Conan are using the same coding to achieve the same capability. Brilliant! Shadowrun launches tomorrow, so you know what I'll be doing!

1 comment:

Swany said...

I think my interest in role-playing games fizzled out when you moved, Wander. We dabbled a bit with TMNT, although I think for me it was more of an excuse to draw characters than actually play games. Scratch eventually bought a Warhammer 40K book that got some us into that realm, although again, for me it was more an excuse to paint the figures than actually play the game. To be honest, I think I actually only played 4-5 complete games of Warhammer, and that might be an overestimate.

Shadowrun looks pretty cool, though. Now if only I had an Xbox 360 or a PC. :-(