Thursday, December 28, 2006

New Year's Resolution #1 - Play Nintendo for 30 minutes/day?

David Pogue from The New York Times posted a short blog entry about the potential of using the Nintendo Wii to help children get more exercise. He even mentions a new blog about a guy who will be monitoring his weight and other fitness measures over a six week period as he plays the Wii for 30 minutes a day.

Seems kind of ironic that the gaming console maker that was responsible for keeping kids indoors and glued to their TV sets all day could now be an answer to making video games part of a daily exercise routine.

Hmmm. Since my wife's comments about my Buddha belly are coming around more frequently, and I'm feeling my man-boobs jiggle more and more each day, perhaps I can justify getting one of these. That, or I could actually use that gym membership I keep paying for each month. ;-)

No comments: