Monday, December 4, 2006

Advertising Gold

I'm sure all of you have heard a Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" commercial before. Given I'm normally listening to NPR or the college radio station here in St. Louis, I don't hear a lot of commercials when I'm driving to and from work. However, during my trip through Texas last Thanksgiving, I was laughing my head off when these ads came on, including one that may only air in the Lone Star State. Here's to you, Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy:

Men from lesser states may know their state's capital, but you? You know your state's bird, tree, and even reptile. Looove that horny toad.

Sure there are 49 other states in the Union. But they're smaller, wussier, and the people talk funny.
My all-time favorite, though? Mr. SPF 80 sunblock wearer:
There are 24 hours in a day. You're wearing 80 hour protection. If the sun fails to go down, you'll be ready. Don't forget the moonlight.

30 SPF? Please. You might as well be wearing cooking oil.

1 comment:

Fandango6 said...

I like the "Men of the Square Table" ads they run these days. The radio commercials are pretty funny. "This is Karl St. Phillip, with another news update from the Men of the Square Table..." Too many to list at this hour of the day.

That's a snappy radio name, like Doyle whatever his name was from the Onion Radio news (haven't heard Doyle in a while, and i have forgotten his last name.)