Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I've been bad.

I've been fretting lately over some of my responses. True, I think that they're funny and I giggle my ass off when I'm writing them, but I feel like I've sabotaged some potentially good discussions with my silliness. My most recent transgression is going wild and wacky on Swany T's post. I really don't want bears to eat libs and dems. We should use crocodiles.

But really I'm thinking in particular of Wild Willie's post a few weeks back about what inspires us. I didn't really have an answer, or rather I didn't know how to articulate my answer. The humor wasn't a substitute, however. I was just being a goof. From some people I might accept indignation that I didn't respond with a serious answer, but not from Wild Willie. (Did you know that if your aunt had balls...) Still, it was a very good topic that I unwittingly sabotaged. Sorry W2. I wanted to bring it back up, but then I didn't want it look as if I'd bollixed W2's attempt only to then say, "hey, I've got this great idea..."

So sorry if I'm screwing up people's post. Please feel free to reiterate the idea or get us back on topic, because I don't think that I can stop myself.

3 comments:

Swany said...

OK, so you're saying you don't really like hot and nasty sex?

I actually like some of the silliness. A little ribbing here and there never hurt anyone.

Dutch said...

I can't remember what hot and nasty sex is like. I can't remember what sex is like...

...with another person, I mean.

And I don't mind being silly, obviously. Hey, it's me. I just wish I hadn't derailed good topics for us to consider.

Anonymous said...

... she'd be your uncle.