Sunday, March 4, 2007

It's so hard to say 'goodbye' to the pretty ones.

Here I am, blogging away on a Saturday night. Although the past few weeks have been about chasing girlies in the real world, this party night finds me e-wooing. And, *sigh* I'm afraid yet another crop of beautiful babies won't work out for this unassuming turtle.

It's so hard to say goodbye to the pretty ones.

Two of the most active - and attractive - matches on eHarmony just sent a disheartening "Must Have"; ten things we choose from a long list of things we must have in a partner. Dig what they sent:

Industriousness...... I must have someone who is willing to work hard at whatever they do.

And I had such hope.

One even sent along Ambitious and Organized, and then reiterated in her "Can't Stands" (obviously the flip side) with:

Lazy...... I can't stand someone who likes to spend excessive time sleeping, resting or being a "couch potato."

They're sending these to a man whose personal motto is, "Hard work is for people short on talent."

I had to level with Miss Type AAAAAAA. My next question is below, verbaitm:

Organized,industrious, ambitious...hmmm. I'd like to continue with you, but I need to be honest. I am organized, industrious, and ambitious only about the things that are important to me. Nothing else gets my best. Does this kill it for us?

If I ever hear from her again I will be truly flabergasted. And it's a shame too, because she is a knock out. But I know that I will find a way to soldier on...

...because every day I get between six and eight matches.

Heh heh heh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While she might sound type A, I could also see where a question would be used to weed out those that are overly lazy.

I might throw out the same thing knowing full well, that there are times where lying on the couch is a true pleasure, but this is not what I do all the time.

SHe might actually enjoy the balance of laziness and industriousness. She just want to get rid of the unbalanced side of laziness.

I wouldn't give up on her just yet.

Swany said...

Yeah, maybe you're being TOO honest. Always the problem with reading things such as emails and posts--it's always easy to misinterpret or overthink what someone's trying to say.

Dutch said...

Eh, I'm not giving up on her per se, just not keeping her in the front of my noodle.

Actually, that's kind of what I've started doing with all my eHarmony matches. I used to worry and fret and wait for responses, and it drove me nuts. Now I forget about it, because I know that I will get an email notification if someone gets back to me. This allows me to put more energy into maintaining prospects I run into day to day.

It's funny, the waiting/not knowing aspect (i.e. putting both people in the driver's seat) used to cause much weeping and gnashing of teeth. Now I see it as a service - I don't have to follow up with these girls because they'll get back to me iffin theys interested. If not, I move on to other prospects.

It's really kind of like sales, in a way. Out of the 20 girls I flirt with, 4 I ask out. Out of that 4, one will usually say yes.

Maybe I should try the high-pressure, used car salesman approach: What will it take to get me into your pants today?

Anonymous said...

A Margarita from Chuy's.