Friday, March 9, 2007

300 hasn't even premiered, and he's already creating buzz for his next movie...



Of course, the video above is yet another trailer for 300. It's a bit NSFW for some decapitations and a couple of flashes of boobies (the female kind, not the pumped up man ones). I post this not to go overboard with the 300 praise before I've even seen it, but to tell you that according to Ain't It Cool News, a flash of Rorschach that Zack Snyder intentionally put in as an Easter egg is 1 minute 52 seconds in. If anyone's forgotten, Synder is already in preproduction for the film adaptation of Watchmen, and the photo of Rorschach is from one of the test shots he's been working with.

2 comments:

Dutch said...

RORSCHACH!

Nite Owl: I think you've got some bean juice on your coat.
Rorschach: Yeah, human bean juice. Hrrrmmm.

That trailer was extra cool. Titties rock. Although the flying head was more than a little narsty, I'm betting that the movie will be cool enough that I can take the gore.

Also, I know earlier that I said that the high-contrast on the film looked Jansen-esque; now I'm adding that many of the stills look like a Caravaggio painting.

Anonymous said...

Well, I will be the first to say that I have seen the whole movie out of this group. I took a long lunch and saw the mattinee.

I thought it was really good. I will say thatthe gruesomeness was easier for me to stomach than the characters that were disfigured. I understand the lore aspect of said characters, but I felt like they could have gotten the point across through acting more so than make-up. Of course, I don't know if this is Zach Snyder's thing. Maybe that is what he likes.

Anyway, I liked it. It has some cool scenes that jump back and forth between slow and fast motion. Also, while most fight scenes tend to make me say "meh" nowadays because I have seen so many of them, there were a few that were choreographed well. When you go watch it pay attention to how the SPartans fight together. This won't spoil anything so I will say it. Look for a scene where one guy rolls forward, lifts his shield to block the oncoming sword, and the guy behind him sweeps his sword over the shield to kill the enemy. Kind of wordy but worth keeping an eye out for.